When it comes to mental and physical health, foot spas have long been considered to be a very effective way of improving your overall well-being.
The warm bubbling water helps alleviate aching and tense muscles and tendons in the feet as well as improving circulation and reducing the amount of stress in the body.
Children as well as adults are susceptible to the very same traumas of the feet, despite being smaller in weight and stature.
They can also suffer from lesions and other cuts from vigorous playing outside. One way to treat these injuries is by investing in a foot spa for your children.
Several foot spas are specially adapted for children, with shallower footwells and simpler interfaces that allow them to be operated without parental supervision - this might be the perfect alternative to an indoor swimming pool! Leave your kid to enjoy the soothing hot bubbles while they watch their favorite Youtube channel!
When it comes to investing in a foot spa for your children, then safety will be your paramount concern, as well as whether foot spas will exacerbate any pre-existing medical conditions that your child might be suffering from.
So what are the best foot spas out there for your child? What features on a children's foot spa will ensure them a relaxing, comfortable, and most importantly, safe time? How much can a foot spa be looking to set you back in terms of price?
Well, don't worry parents, grandparents and babysitters, we’ve got all the answers for your aquatic children’s entertainment and relaxation, with our list of some of the best foot spas for kids currently available on the market.
We’re then going to follow that up with a buyer’s guide to help you search for the perfect foot spa, finishing up with some frequently asked questions.
Best Foot Spas For Kids
OUR TOP PICK
It will be obvious at a first glance that with its pink rimmed designed and colorful plastic balls, that our first foot spa is aimed at children of around 5 and upwards.
The bowl itself contains over 3,500 beads that start small and expand as they take on more water. This really will be a lot of fun for children of various ages - introducing the Orbeez Ultimate Soothing Spa.
You could consider this children’s spa to be part relaxation device and part miniature water park, the expandable colored balls in the well giving the smallest child hours of pleasure and fun.
Children can splash their feet around in the pool and watch the colored balls expand and rotate in the spa's internal three-tiered waterfall system.
The water both cools and moisturizes the feet, while also teaching them fundamentals of sorting and color-coding.
- This foot spa is probably the most versatile out of all the foot spas on this list, acting as a foot spa, an aquatic toy and an educational tool that will help children with their numeracy in a fun and inventive way.
- This device is one that comes highly rated on Amazon, with thousands of users giving it 4 or 5-star reviews. This is a testament to the sheer ingenuity of the design and its effectiveness on children.
- The Orbeez can also be heated easily, giving your child that soothing foot bath that will improve circulation and help to alleviate the pain for any cuts they might have on their ankles and heels.
- The price - this unit comes at a very reasonable price and might be perfect for parents who might not want to spend a lot of money on an item they might consider an indulgence.
- The colored balls and waterfall system might be a little too childish for older children and young teenagers.
Our next foot spa is one with a very vibrant neon green color scheme that will certainly be eye-catching for both children and young teenagers.
It is both very pleasing to look at and very easy to use, coming at a very affordable price. It has a Smart heating function in the body that will keep your tootsies warm for up to 10 minutes after filling - introducing Conair Pedicure Foot Spa.
This comes from the famous Conair manufacturer, who is renowned for making foot spas of high quality at an extremely reasonable price.
But don’t worry, these don’t skimp on the build quality or design features, the thousands of glowing reviews are a testament to its superiority.
It has message nodes in the base that children will certainly be able to derive a lot of sensory pleasure out of.
It also has soothing bubble features that will entrance most young children, along with pedicure attachments and leg rests that will be ideal for young girls who want to pretend they’re at the salon.
- The massage capacities of this foot spa are second-to-none, with 2 bubble strips and massage nodes in the splashguard to keep your soles relaxed and soothed for hours on end.
- The bubbles generated in this foot spa will both relax and entertain - sensory pleasure is very high on most children’s priority, so why not sit back and watch the excited look on their face when you fire up this foot spa.
- With a built-in heating system, this foot spa will keep your heels and toes heated, improving the blood flow and alleviating muscle tension.
- This foot spa is not just limited to children, with a generous foot capacity, this is an aquatic relaxation station for the whole family!
- Some users have complained that the heating system does not maintain the original temperature and heat is lost over prolonged use.
Next up, we have a very efficient foot spa that is not just a relief for your feet and ankles but also on your wallet!
That’s right, this is the budget option for those of you who do not want to spend an arm and a leg on a relaxation station for you or your children.
With waterproof controls that allow you to set the vibration level as well as acupuncture settings, you won't go far wrong with the Revlon Bubbling Toe Touch Foot Spa.
This foot spa has all the essential features: bubble options, massage control, waterproof on/off switch and a splash guard, which will certainly come in handy if you are allowing your boisterous child to use it.
It also comes with an optional acupuncture attachment which will guarantee your feet that deep tissue pressure and pain relief after a long day out playing in the yard or doing athletics at school.
Children might have a resistance to using a foot spa, but once they experience the soothing qualities of some of this foot spa’s more high-tech functions, they’ll be hooked!
- You can focus the massager on specific points of the sole, which is ideal if you need that precision accuracy for a particular sore point.
- The basic waterproof interface of this foot spa will be perfect for young adults to use, simply fill with warm water and key in your desired settings and you’ll be ready to go! Very young children might need supervision when operating this foot spa.
- The splash guard is more than capacious enough to cope with the excess splashing caused by your excited little one, ensuring that your expensive new carpet won’t be ruined.
- The acupuncture setting offers further relief for people who suffer from chronic foot conditions such as arthritis.
- Some users have complained that the foot depth of this spa is far too shallow for their use.
Our final foot spa is a particularly plush option, featuring two powerful hydro jets that will circulate water around your foot to increase blood flow and massage even the tiniest muscles.
It has 3 settings that will allow you to operate these jets at different strengths and speeds - introducing the MaxKare Foot Spa.
The heating system of this foot spa retains the hot or warm temperature of the water you pour in and keeps it there for as long as you want.
The hydro jets help the muscles of your feet to relax and this is a great foot spa for alleviating the pain caused by conditions like arthritis and poor circulation.
- This foot spa could be easily used by all members of the family, with a footwell that can accommodate a men’s size 14 feet.
- The built-in water heater will keep the temperature of the water inside sustained for as long as possible.
- With vibrating and heating options, you can be sure of a very comfortable and thorough massage, with a temperature that can go all the way up to 118 degrees.
- The bright vibrant design of the footwell will certainly appeal to younger users, the screen display making it one of the easiest spas to operate on this list.
- The price - this is one of the more expensive products on this list, which might preclude those who do not want to spend too much of what they might consider a luxury item.
Best Foot Spa For Kids Buyer’s Guide
When selecting your next foot spa, whether it’s for yourself or your children, there are a few key features that will be essential for that deep, relaxing and stress-free experience that we have all come to associate with podiatric massages.
Here are just some things that your foot spa can not be without:
Does It Have Vibrations And Bubbles?
In most electronic foot spas, one of the most basic functions will be the ability to send pulses through the feet to relax the muscles.
These will usually be located in the base of the foot spa, so that when the sole of your foot is pressed against it, the vibrations will travel through the skin and muscles, relaxing the entire foot.
Some of these foot spas have rollers or nodes on the base to generate these soothing pulses. Even the most basic foot spas will have the ability to generate vibrations, whereas only a lot of the high-end models will be able to create bubbles too.
Foot spa bubbles operate on the same principle as the vibrations. The water is disturbed by electrical signals that cause currents that soothe the muscles of the foot from all directions.
This is different from the vibration function, which only relaxes the muscles from the underside of the foot, although vibrations are usually more powerful than bubbles.
Can You Heat Your Foot Spa?
Some of the foot spas we’ve listed above will need you to heat the water before you pour it into the footwell of the spa.
The heating system will simply retain the heat of the water, rather than increase it. Some users of electric foot spas have overestimated this function, mistaking it for a heater, believing that their foot spa is broken when it doesn’t increase the temperature.
If you are looking to soak your feet for a period of longer than an hour, it is probably worth investing in a heated foot spa to avoid the water going tepid.
Is Your Foot Spa Manual Or Automatic?
The manual and automatic features of a foot spa applies to different features of different varieties. The massage rollers, vibrating segments and the bubbles can all work either manually or automatically.
If your massage rollers are automatic, that usually means that all you have to do is key in the settings and keep your feet still as the machine generates the electrical pulse that will travel through the muscles.
However, if they are manual rollers, you might find yourself having to move your feet back and forth to generate the massage yourself.
If the temperature of your foot spa is automatic, then you will be unable to control how hot or cold the water is. The machines with more heating options are generally more expensive, but you will get a far more comfortable experience in the long term.
What Features Are The Most Important?
When it comes to figuring out which features are the most important, you will have to first think about what you most want out of your foot spa.
If you have pre-existing medical conditions such as arthritis, repetitive strain injury (RSI) or maybe you’re a young kid playing in your local sports team and have a sport-related injury in your foot, then you’ll certainly want to invest in a foot spa that has automatic digital features and other bells and whistles such as an acupuncture option.
Heaters are a good option for staying comfortable longer, as heated water will also encourage blood flow, which will help soothe aching or tender areas.
How Much Are You Willing To Spend?
When it comes to getting the best quality foot soaker for you, you’ll be looking to spend anywhere in the region of $50 to $100.
If you want to offset the potential health benefits of the high-end machines with a lower price, you can find decently-priced machines that offer a range of functions.
Remember: the more features you have on your foot spa, the more money will likely have to spend.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Epsom Salts Be Used In A Foot Spa?
This will all depend on what model of foot spa you’ve purchased. You will want to check whether your machine has been approved to use Epsom salts.
Salt can be incredibly corrosive, especially when used over a long period. It can severely impede or irreparably damage the electronics in your machine.
Once these are damaged, you will find the functionality of your spa reduced and you might even have to throw it out and buy a new one.
How Small Do Your Feet Have To Be To Fit Into A Foot Spa?
You will have to check the measurement of the foot spa before you buy it to ensure that it can accommodate your foot.
Most of them are designed to incorporate as large a sized foot as possible, most reaching an upper limit of size 12 or 14 in men’s shoes.
How Is Water Added And Emptied From A Foot Spa?
Most foot spas are designed to make the filling and emptying relatively simple and not labor-intensive.
Conventionally, there is a hole or hose at the base or towards the back of the well that means water can be drained into the foot space with a jug without you having to lift the foot spa itself.
However, a lot of foot spas are made from very lightweight plastic and can be easily lifted and placed under the tap to be filled.
If you want your foot spa to have hot water, you will have to warm it up from the hot water tap first, either in the bathtub or from the sink. The heating system in your foot spa should then maintain this heat throughout use.